Thursday, July 27, 2006

W.B.Y.C. July 17th - 20th

World Baptist Youth Conference was hosted by Arlington Baptist College. My church competed in alot of the competitions. Which was great, It was so fun to watch my friends compete and to be able to cheer them on. We all sang in choir which was a lot more work than you would expect. We sang a total of three songs, "Trust In The Name Of The Lord Our God", "I Will Sing Of The Mercies Of The Lord", and "Gather At The River". We came in fourth place which sounds ok but that was out of four churches. There was three classes depending on how big your choir was, our choir fit into the biggest class. I also co-wrote and co-directed a movie that we made for W.B.Y.C.. We only started two weeks before the deadline so obviously there where a couple of things we could have done better had we spent more time on it, but considering the time we spent on the movie I think we did a pretty decent job. We came in second place, receiving a pretty big trophy, hmm... shiny. The church who won first place had a better made movie but our story line was way more deep and indepth. Our movie really made you think but it was hard to pull off in two weeks. Hopefully we'll win first next year, we'll see. My church also took first and second place in Bible Quiz which is pretty amazing considering that they could have been asked any question from 1 Samuel 17-30. Such as in chapter 21 verse 12 Who was David afraid of? And they could actually answer that. WOW. Next year they will have to know the whole book of Romans. I was also a part of a skit which was really fun. We basically acted out the song by Casting Crowns, "Can Anybody See Her?" with the music in the background. I don't know who would know that song, but if you do, you will know how that can be a touching skit. My mom said it gave her goosebumps. Another funny thing that happened was when the keynote speaker was trying to quote Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know what was more funny him messing up the lines or the movie it's self. Oh well at least he tried he is like a couple generations removed.
Here I am on stage at my church the Sunday before W.B.Y.C. started.Here Leah and me are performing the skit.
Here we are again, same skit.
Part of my choir,whoever took this picture cut off a third of us.Im on the very end top row. This picture doesn't do our choir outfits justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home