Thursday, July 27, 2006

Everyone....meet the newest edition to our family, Rowdy "Yates" Vossen.

We decided to get a new kitten. Well I decided that I knew what I wanted, and I would settle for nothing else. My requirements were, a long haired calico kitten. I found one 4 hours away in Oklahoma. I had searched every web site possible...newspapers, shelters, there is not a kitten in DFW that I have not heard of! So this one in OK was it. Todd agreed....he was looking forward to driving up there actually, just think of the geocaches we could do on the way! Then Tuesday we stopped into the Burleson Animal Shelter, to see if they had any that weren't online. Well it turns out they had a lot of them. As we checked out the kitties, one caught Todd's eye, as it was reaching out through the bars meowing at him with all his might. No sorry little guy, I want a calico with long hair, although he was the cutest kitten there, with a huge personality....he was short one color. He was so cute, we looked at him and both of us reached through the cage and pet the little purring puffball, then we started to walk away to look at the calicos in the next room. Little puffball screamed at us with both paws reaching out through the bars to come back! Then it happened.... Todd's eyes softened, and the corners his lips curled upward, to a sweet little smile and then I heard what I never thought I'd here come from Todd, while looking at a cat..."awe", and in went his hand again to pet the puffball. The meowing stopped, and the loud purring began. We decided to go home, talk it over and decide later. I went back with two kittens in mind to choose from, I visited with the puffball first, then I was going to visit with a sweet blue eyed Hymalayan kitten that was one of the cutest thing I ever saw. Well, after 15 minutes in the bonding room, I never even asked to see the other, Rowdy was Todd's favorite...and any friend of Todd's is a friend of mine.






1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger The Krause Family said...

Rowdy is too cute. It almost looks like he has a black mask on in some of the pictures, and I love the one with him and Samson. I just can't believe he lays between Samson's paws, since Rowdy only weighs as much as one of Samson's ears! He's a brave kitty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home